In the midst of an interesting post about True Reincarnation in DDO and other MMOs, Psychochild says this:
TR aficionados tend to throw themselves into TRing. There’s a limitation where you can only TR once per week, and for some people that’s too restrictive. In other words, they work a character from level 1 to 20 in less than a week and have to wait before they can TR again.
I’m not sure I understand how you do that. I just don’t do anything too quickly, it seems. I never have. Well, when you have the lifespan of an elf, there’s no need to hurry, I guess.
Ok, instead of being jealous and resentful (too late!) let’s see if we can learn anything from people who do this.
I think that
- Twinking is involved.
- Characters with high dps work better.
- They have a group to do things with, or don’t mind PUGs.
- They are a lot better at dodging than I am to do this.
- They possess a kind of metaphorical hammer which turns all dungeons into the same kind of nail.
- They don’t spend a lot of time pondering “what shall I do next?” or negotiating with friends about what to do next.
Well, squeezing out the dead, unproductive time is a valuable life skill. But schmoozing with friends is priceless.