Here they are, the top 10 reasons I prefer Everquest II to the original Everquest.
- Mentoring means I can play with lower level friends and not be bored silly.
- Faster out-of-combat regeneration means very little downtime between fights.
- Tradeskilling (With bells and whistles, whee!) is actually fun!
- I have my own ROOM! With a cat!
- Some of the guards in Qeynos now salute me!
- I can speak gnollish! (They say silly things, too)
- Book quests make soloing grays fun.
- No 30-hour-plus camps for the Shiny Metallic Robe in Guk.
- A new spell every level!
- No bards pulling the whole zone and then training them on top of you!
There are some others, too, but that will do for now. Coming soon: top 10 improvements I’d like to see to Everquest II.